My shopping cart
Your cart is currently empty.Continue Shopping
Aloo Bhindi Pulao is a quick one pot dish with potatoes and okra. It is best cooked in a Stahl Artisan Kadhai, which is made of finest quality triply stainless steel. It uses 20% lesser oil than any other materials and also cooks evenly and faster. It is best eaten as maincourse and does not need more than 15 minutes of preparation time.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Author Sharmilee J
For pulao masala powder:
1. To begin first add the spices listed under 'to roast and grind'.
2. Dry roast for 3-5 mins or until it gives nice aroma. No need to wait for color change.
3. Transfer to a plate and set aside to cool.
4. Grind it to a fine powder. You can store it for later use. Set aside.
5. Now fry bhindi.
6. Fry until it shrinks and the stickiness disappears. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
7. Add potatoes to the same pan.
8. Fry until golden and crisp.
9. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
10. Heat oil + ghee in a pan - add the items listed under to temper. Let it splutter.
11. Add onion, ginger garlic paste along with required salt.
12. Fry until onions turn transparent and golden.
13. Add fried veggies. along with turmeric powder, red chilli powder and garam masala powder.
14. Give a quick mix until spice powders coat the veggies.
15. Add cooked basmati rice.
16. Mix it well.
17. Add kasoori methi, give a quick mix. Cook covered for a minute and switch off.
18. Cover with lid and cook for 2 mins. Switch off fluff and serve hot with raita.
Buy the Cookware used in the Recipe :
Also Try out Easy Paneer Kheer or Quick Rabdi in Stahl Saucepan