My shopping cart
Your cart is currently empty.Continue Shopping
Veg Pulao is a aromatic flavourful one pot meal that needs no side dish at all but if you like you can pair it up with raita or any veg curry of your choice. Veg Pulao is our go to recipe for a quick fix for lunch, packing for lunchbox or even for any special occasion or weekends.
Veg Pulao is a perfect rice menu for when you wish a comforting masala free special meal. Vegetable Pulao can also be made with spice powders to make it colourful & spicier.
Veg Pulav is also called as Vegetable Pulao, Pilaf is an assortment of veggies in fluffy rice & garnished with nuts & herbs. Vegetable Pulao makes a nice meal during busy routine & for lunch box. Vegetable Pulav can be tried with lot of variations by adding different veggies, ingredients and method. Vegetable Pulao can be relished as a wholesome meal or with spicy gravy or raita or stir fry.
1. Soak 1/2 cup basmati rice in water for 15-20 mins. You can even soak it for 30 mins, soaking helps in cooking rice softer and grain separated so do not miss this step.
2. Cooking rice perfectly is the key to great tasting pulao. So make sure to cook rice perfectly. Add rice along with 3/4 cup water. I have used 1:1.5 ratio so for 1/2 cup rice its 3/4 cup water.
Add veggies in a separate bowl, add very little water along with salt. You can cook rice in open pot method or in instant pot too. Steam cook veggies and add it too but make sure to retain slight crunchiness in the veggies.
3. Close with lid so that the veggies do not get mixed with rice.
4. Close with cooker lid and Pressure cook for 2 whistles in medium flame. Let pressure release by itself.
5.Open fluff the rice and set aside, if it sticks add little oil mix gently and set aside. Add veggies to a bowl and set aside.
6. Heat 2 tbsp + 1 tsp oil in the same pan – add cashews fry until golden. Remove and transfer to a bowl and set aside.
7. Now add 1/2 inch cinnamon, 2 no.'s cloves, 1 small Bay Leaf, 1 small star anise, a small piece mace and 1/2 tsp Shahi Jeera. Let it splutter. You can replace it with cumin seeds if you do not have Shahi Jeera.
8. Add 1 long green chilli, onion along with salt.
9. Sauté until transparent then add ginger garlic paste.
10. Sauté until its golden.
11. Add cooked veggies and sauté for a minute.
12. Now add 1/4 tsp cardamom powder, 1/4 tsp pepper powder and give a quick mix.
13. Now add cooked rice.
14. Give a quick mix, gently mix do not break the rice.
15. Cook covered for 2 mins in low flame.
16. Add 1 tbsp coriander leaves, 1/4 tsp rose essence and roasted cashews.
17. Give a quick mix and switch off. Restaurant style Veg pulao is ready.
Serve with raita and any spicy veg curry of your choice.