My shopping cart
Your cart is currently empty.Continue Shopping
Veg Pulao is a delicious, flavourful one pot meal by cooking veggies & spices along with rice. Veg Pulao called by different names like pilaf or pulav is a one pot meal, easy to make and loaded with the goodness of veggies. Veg pulao is a good option to make for weekend lunch & special occasions. How to make Veg Pulao is explained in this post with step by step pictures and video.
This Veg Pulao recipe is a quick version and can done in a jiffy.
1. Soak 1/2 cup basmati rice in water for 15-20 mins. You can even soak it for 30 mins, soaking helps in cooking rice softer and grain separated so do not miss this step.
2. Heat 1 tbsp ghee + 1 tsp oil in a pressure cooker. Add 1 inch cinnamon, 2 no.'s cloves, 2 no.'s cardamom, 1/2 tsp shahi jeera and 1 bay leaf. Let it splutter.
3. Add 1 medium-sized sliced onion along with 1 green chilli and required salt. If you prefer slightly spicy pulao add 2 green chillies.
4. Sauté until golden then add 1 tsp ginger garlic paste.
5. Sauté for a minute.
6. Then add 2 tbsp mint leaves.
7. Add rinsed 1 cup veggies along with 1/4 tsp garam masala powder.
8. Sauté for a minute.
9. Then add soaked, drained rice.
10. Give a quick mix. Mix gently without breaking the rice.
11. Add 1 cup water. I use 1:2 ratio so for 1/2 cup basmati rice its 1 cup of water. After adding water taste check for salt, the water should be salty then salt will be perfect for rice.
13. Let pressure release by itself. Open.
14. Fluff and mix gently. Homestyle quick veg pulao ready.