My shopping cart
Your cart is currently empty.Continue Shopping
Mixed Vegetable Curry is a dish that is comforting, reminds you of home and tastes even better when cooked in a Stahl Xpress Cooker. Pressure cooking retains both, the nutrition and the taste of the food. Stahl pressure cookers are the fastest cookers ever because they are made in finest quality triply stainless steel, making food cook faster while using less oil.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
For the Curry, you will require the following :
To Temper :
1. Rinse tomatoes well. Chop them roughly.
2. Puree them without adding any water. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in a cooker - add cumin seeds and let it splutter.
4. Add ginger garlic paste, chopped onion along with salt.
5. Sauté until slightly browned.
6. Add tomato puree.
7. Cook until raw smell of tomatoes leaves then add spice powders which includes turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder.
8. Add vegetables(rinsed and cubed into bite sized pieces).
9. Give a quick sauté.
10. Add 2 cups of water to it, give a quick mix. Adjust salt if needed.
11. Close and pressure cook in Stahl Xpress Cooker for 2 whistles in medium flame.
12. Let pressure release by itself, open and check if the veggies are cooked soft.
13. Now add the cleaned cauliflower.
14. Cook for a few mins until cauliflower is cooked.
15. Now add fresh cream. Mix well, boil until oil separates.
16. Let it boil for few mins then add kasoori methi and coriander leaves.
17. Mix well and switch heat off.
For reheating, just boil until its hot that is enough. Also add few splashes of water if you feel the curry is thick and dry. This curry can be made in large batches to store for later. It is best to serve for gettogethers and parties as it gives a good volume. Do not add cauliflower for pressure cooking as it will get mushy. If adding paneer add it at the last stage while adding fresh cream. This recipe used fresh cream.
(This recipe has been developed by Sharmilee Japyprakash for Stahl)