Chef’s Shivesh brings on Eggless Spongy Donuts made in Artisan Hybrid Kadhai
These donuts don’t just satiate your sweet cravings but leave you wonderstruck by the ease with which they come to life ✨ Tryyyy this recipe todayy and thank me later! 😉
- 1 cup Warm Milk
- ¾ tsp Instant Dry Yeast
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 + ¼ cup All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup Melted Butter
- Oil, for frying
- Pastry Cream / Custard Filling
- Add flour, sugar, yeast, milk, and melted butter in a bowl. Knead the dough using a stand mixer or your hands till it all comes together and forms a smooth, non-sticky dough.
- Do the windowpane test to check if the dough is ready.
- Line another bowl with oil and place the rolled dough carefully in it. Cover it with a damp cloth and let it proof in a warm place for 1-2 hours till it is doubled in size.
- Once the dough is double in size, knock down the dough and place it on a floured surface to knead again.
- Knead for a minute and divide it into equal portions (70-75g each)
- Place these divided dough balls onto parchment paper and let it proof again for another 30-60 mins till doubled in size.
- Heat the oil for frying and once it is hot enough, carefully fry the doughnuts on each side till a nice golden brown colour is achieved.
- While the doughnuts are cooling, make the caramel for the top coating in a heavy bottom pan using the given quantities.
- Make small holes on either side of the doughnuts and fill them with pastry cream or custard using a piping bag.
- Carefully dip the top of the doughnuts in the caramel till it’s nicely coated and let it cool for a few mins.
Your eggless doughnuts are ready! Enjoy!